Event Cancellation Insurance Program
Exclusively for members of Running USA*
We are proud to exclusively offer the Running USA Member Event Cancellation Insurance Benefit! This program provides Running USA members* with a simplified application process that includes a team of dedicated underwriters to assist each member in securing this critical insurance protection!
What is covered?
This Event Cancellation Insurance is what is known as an "all-cause" coverage. This means that as long as the cause of your Event being Cancelled, Abandoned, Postponed, Curtailed, or Relocated is beyond your control and not excluded, you are covered for it. To view the complete sample policy, please click the Gold, Silver or Bronze plan links below.
Often times, events have problems that no one expected which is why it is good to have an "all-cause" type of coverage. However, some of the situations that this Insurance is commonly used to protect against include:
- Severe Adverse Weather which makes the venue unusable/inaccessible or makes the event dangerous to attend (hurricanes, tornados, severe winter storms)
- Acts of Terrorism including the Threat of Terrorism and NUCLEAR, BIOLOGICAL & CHEMICAL ACTS OF TERRORISM
- Venue Unavailability (from perils such as fire, structural collapse, gas leaks, and flooding)
- Labor Strikes (whether they take place in the city of your event or are national in scope like a transportation strike
- Power Blackouts (like that occurred across the U.S. in 2003)
- Communicable Disease (like H1N1, Avian Flu, SARS epidemic of 2002 or a local outbreak of the Norwalk Virus)
- Non-Appearance of a key Speaker or Entertainer *
- Major Riots and Civil Commotion
- National Mourning (i.e. death of the U.S. President)
* additional premium
In addition, we can provide the most terrorism options in the market - including providing "full" terrorism by removing the terrorism exclusion all together and offering coverage for Threat of Terrorism. In addition, if any other time & distance Limited Terrorism options are desired that are not listed on the Quotation please let us know and we can likely provide them.
How to apply?
As a member of Running USA, securing event cancellation insurance is now as easy as 1 - 2 - 3...
Pick 1 of 3 coverage options: Gold, Silver or Bronze. Customized coverage is also available.
Complete the simplified electronic application below. Once complete, Running USA's dedicated underwriter will respond within 48 hours (typically much faster) with the quote.
Accept the quote and enjoy the Running USA member special pricing, including a 10% exclusive member discount.
step 1 - choose one of the following 3 options:
GOLD: Base coverage including terrorism and including nuclear, biological, chemical materials - No terrorism exclusion shall apply. No nuclear/biological/chemical exclusion shall apply up to the lessor of the full policy limit or $10,000,000 per event.
SILVER: Base coverage, including terrorism but excluding nuclear, biological, chemical materials - No terrorism exclusion shall apply. Acts and threats of terrorism that involve nuclear/biological/chemical materials are excluded.
BRONZE: Base coverage, excluding terrorism coverage.
Fully customized policies are also available - simply select the customized option on the application.
step 2 - complete the application below:
step 3 - await your Running USA member exclusive* premium quote...!
* These benefits are only available to active Running USA members. Confirm your organizations membership status here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.